Adoption Interview

Adoption Bloggers Interview Project 2012

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Home Study

Well, it's home study time again. I remember when we had ours for Hannah's adoption. I totally freaked out thinking the house had to be spotless. I scrubbed baseboards and washed windows. I went nuts cleaning and we are not really clean people. We aren't total pigs, but our house is normally not spotless. This time around though I've got a kindergartner, two cats, and a dog and a MUCH bigger house. I'm not going to be doing any special cleaning this time. I learned my lesson last time! It seems like we've been waiting forever for the state to get their red tape stuff figured out to get someone out here to do our home study visit, but now it's finally scheduled for October 11th. We'll get our finger prints done then too. That means that if everything checks out then we'll just have one final visit before we are officially licensed to take foster care placements! I'm very excited (and a little nervous too). I can't wait to start filling up this big empty house, but at the same time I worry about doing a good job. I've never watched a kid I knew absolutely nothing about, let alone let one live in my home for an undetermined amount of time. We are planning on being open to kids 8 years and under. We've got a crib and a twin bed frame (no mattress yet!) in one of the extra bedrooms and I've started accumulating some smaller sized baby clothes and some boy's clothes wherever I can. I'm not sure what else I can do to prepare since the possibilities of what type of child will be the first to come are so varied. I guess we'll just get that twin mattress and then wait and see what happens. Wish us luck on this new leg of our journey.



Photo Notes: These are just some fun pictures from this summer.

1 comment:

Kate said...

That sounds awesome!