Adoption Interview

Adoption Bloggers Interview Project 2012

Monday, July 31, 2006

Just us girls


Well, today was my first day home alone with Hannah and things have gone remarkably well, much better than I expected actually. Hannah helped me/allowed me to fold and put away 3 loads of laundry, empty the dishwasher, eat lunch, and do some bills! Not a lot for an entire day, but it was more than I expected to get done. Hopefully later tonight I can manage to do some more decluttering and maybe even vacuum. After 1 week of a brand new baby home and 2 week s of using the house as a dumping ground while Hannah was in the hospital the house is a garbage dump. This wouldn't be much of a problem except our first post placement home visit from the agency is tomorrow night! They say the house doesn't have to be clean, but I wonder if they would have a problem with 3 weeks worth of pet hair coating every available surface in the house except Hannah's room!

Well, it's Wednesday now and we survived our first post placement visit. Mom came up yesterday and played with Hannah while I finished cleaning up the house. Things don't look too bad now and mom finally got to see Hannah awake! Today Hannah and I will make our first outing alone together. I'm already a nervous wreck about having her alone in the back seat. So far every time we've gone anywhere Kyle has drove and I've sat in the back seat with Hannah.

No comments: