Adoption Interview

Adoption Bloggers Interview Project 2012

Monday, September 25, 2006

There She Grows Again!


Hannah has officially decided that she no longer wants to be a little girl. She has been taking every opportunity she can get to sleep and consequently grow. At her 2 month check-up she measured 23 1/4 inches. That appointment was on September 9th. It is now September 25th and when Kyle and I measured her two nights ago she was 25 1/4 inches long! We measured 4 times to be sure we weren't screwing up some how! 2 inches in less than a month is absolutely rediculus in my book. I had to pull out some of her 6-9 month clothes last night for her to wear. We had a fashion show/see what fits party in her room last night and I cycled out several 0-3 month and 3-6 month outfits and cycled in just as many 6-9 month outfits! This is crazy! My little girl isn't even 3 months old yet. She's not supposed to be wearing 6-9 month clothes.

The difference in sizing in baby clothes does drive me crazy however. I think it just may be worse than the sizing in women's clothes. I held up a pair of 0-3 month pants that Hannah has that she can still wear (they are getting tight and bit on the shorter side though!) in front of a pair of 3-6 month pants that I just bought her the other day and they were almost identical in size (both the waist and length) so I took the new 3-6 month pair of pants back since I didn't figure she'd get to wear them long enough to justify buying them. Too bad though because they were really cute pants and they were even on clearance :( Then I held up a different pair of 0-3 month pants that she has that fit her just right with some room to grow next to a pair of 6-9 month pants that Myrna bought her and they were exactly the same size! As a result, those 6-9 month pants are now in the rotation . Then I held up 2 different pairs of 6-9 month pants next to each other and one pair fits her a little bit baggy with a decent amount to grow into and the other pair is like 2 inches long and the waist comes up almost to her arm pits! It's so weird!

I have decided after this latest clothing adventure that I'm not buying her anything anymore that is smaller than 6-9 months unless I want her to be able to wear it the very day that I buy it and am willing for it to be questionable how much longer she will get to wear it. One of the weirdest things I think is that almost every single onesie she has (0-3m, 3-6m, and 6-9m) fits her well regardless of the size. I think I have only had to retire 3 onesies (all from the same pack) since she has been born. They fit her really well right when she was born and she grew out of them just before her last doctor's appointment.

Heather and Billie came to visit Hannah today. It was Billie's first time to meet Hannah. Billie couldn't believe how big she is. I should have told her "welcome to the club!" They both brought Hannah some more new clothes. Thankfully they are all at least 6-9 month sizes so she should hopefully be able to wear them for awhile! Let's hope so at least. Billie has now caught the baby bug and wants another little one. Hannah tends to do that to people. It's not fair really though because Hannah is so not the typical baby. I think she gives people a false impression on what parenting is like. It's like false advertising! She even makes people who have already raised their kids forget how hard having an infant was. She's like that kid that everyone hates in school who throws off the curve and makes all the other people look bad!

Well, I've been trying to post more pictures on here for two days now and blogger just won't let me. I promise to try to get some of them up on the next post.

No comments: